WINTER LEAGUE 2017/18
The 2017/18 winter league is open to all members, seven qualification rounds played over four months on Sunday mornings starting in October. All events are shotgun start at 08:30. Registration opens at 07:15 and starting holes are allocated on a first come first served basis. Registration closes at 08:15.
Bacon Rolls and Coffee are available prior to play and roast dinners will be served following play, both of which are at players own cost.
Players should read the following rules if they wish to progress to the knockout stages:
– This year the league will consist of SEVEN rounds, your best FIVE rounds will count toward the final league position.
– Preferred lies are in operation throughout. Through the green, a ball which has plugged may be lifted and dropped within one club length.
– If necessary, temporary greens will be used. In order to conform with the rules of golf normal size holes will be used.
– Registration opens at 07:15, starting holes are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Registration closes at 08:15, entries will be refused after this time.
– Please be in position and ready to play for 08:30.
– Pairs, better-ball Stableford or Bogey-Par using 90% of Handicap.
– GROSS SCORES MUST BE ENTERED IN THE CORRECT COLUMN FOR EACH HOLE, FOR EACH PLAYER. FAILURE TO ENTER SCORES CORRECTLY MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
– Men’s White Tees, Red for Ladies. USING MENS PAR AND STROKE INDEX. Ladies receive 1 courtesy shot.
– The top 32 teams with the best 5 round aggregate will qualify for the knock-out competition.
– TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE KNOCKOUT STAGE (TOP 32) BOTH PLAYERS MUST HAVE RETURNED 3 QUALIFYING SCORES AT MILLBROOK GC IN THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS. ( 31/10/16 to 31/10/17 )
– Pace of play is 4 hours 15 minutes. THIS IS A BETTER-BALL COMPETITION IF YOU CANNOT SCORE PICK UP.
– Cards must be returned by 13:30.
– Please see the men’s notice board for weekly entry sheets, results and prize breakdowns.
Winter League dates 2017/18
· 21st January
· 4th February = 1st Round knockout games
· 18th February = 2nd Round knockout games
RESULTS & LEAGUE TABLE
Round one – 15th October 2017
Round two – 29th October 2017
Round three – 12th November 2017
Round Four – 26th November 2017
Round Five – 10th December 2017
Event cancelled – Course Closed due to Snow
Winter League is now decided by using the best four rounds from six.
Round Six – 7th January 2018
Event Cancelled – Play stopped due to Snow.
WINTER LEAGUE KNOCK-OUT 2017/18
The top 32 pairs have been decided by taking the best four rounds from five events played.
– The knockout rounds are to be played from white tees (men) Red tees (ladies) when available or mats when the grass tees are not in use.
– Four-Ball better ball matchplay
– 90% of the difference in handicap calculated against the lowest player.
– Ladies receive one courtesy shot prior to 90% calculation and then play to the mens stroke index.
– In the event that matches are all square following 18 holes, sudden death holes will immediately commence from the 1st tee, until a hole is won. Players receive shots as per the initial 18 holes.
– Knock-Out round one and two are set dates and tee times are arranged and advertised.
– You are welcome to play prior to the play-by date, upon agreement of both teams.
– No extensions will be granted.
Please find the first round knock-out draw below:
Please find Round 2 knock-out draw below:
Please find the Quarter Final draw below: